Share the Recipe
A twist on this slow-cooked Italian-style favorite. This mushroom bolognese style sauce is laced between sheets of lasagna, creamy pesto ricotta, and topped with gooey cheese.
Ingredients for 6 servings
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb (stalks + fronds if available), diced.
- 1 large carrot, peeled + grated (about 1/3 c.)
- 4 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs
- Salt + Pepper
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 2 cups Fontina or Provolone cheese
- Fresh mozzarella, torn
- Freshly grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cups mixture of power greens salad blend, (baby kale, arugula, spinach, swiss chard), flat-leaf parsley, and fennel fronds.
- 2 tablespoons nuts or seeds, I used almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1/2 cup good quality olive oil